The John Smith Legacy Texture and Resource pack is one of the most popular of its kind. It is a RPG-themed texture pack, that has incredible details, despite it only being in a 32×32 resolution.
It has a story similar to the well-known DokuCraft. The John Smith Texture Pack was a very popular texture pack for Minecraft, however it was eventually discontinued by its creator (the last update was around version 1.2.5). But the community was so happy with the pack, that they decided to continue developing it themselves instead of letting it become forgotten. Right now, it is maintained by the JS TEAM (John Smith Team).
Other than providing amazing enhancements to the graphic interface of Minecraft, the John Smith Legacy Resource Pack also supports tons of mods. So if you are the type of player with several mods installed, this might be the perfect texture pack for you. For a full list of mods supported, check out the bottom of this review.
Important! You will need MCPatcher for this texture pack to work properly!
Click to see all supported mods
- Additional Pipes – Full Support
- Applied Energistics – Full Support
- Bibliocraft 1.1.2 – Full Support
- Buildcraft 3.4.3+ – Full Support
- ChickenChunks 220.127.116.11 – Full Support
- Compact Solar Arrays 3.2 – Partial Support
- ComputerCraft 1.5 – Full Support
- Equivalent Exchange 3 pre1f – Partial Support
- Extra Biomes XL 3.11 – Full Support
- ExtraBees 1.5 – Partial Support
- Factorization 0.7.10 – Full Support
- Forestry 1.7.0 / 2.0.0 – Partial Support
- Gravisuite 1.8 – Full Support
- Greg’s Lighting 1.7 – Full Support
- GregTech 2.81a – Partial Support
- Iron Chests 5.0 – Full Support
- Logistics Pipes Unofficial – Partial Support
- MiscPeripherals 3.1 – Full Support
- Minefactory Reloaded – Partial Support
- Modular Forcefields (MFFS) – Partial Support
- Mystcraft 0.10 0.10.0+ – Full Support
- Mystcraft 0.9 0.9.5.00 – Full Support
- Nether Ores 2.0.0+ – Full Support
- Not Enough Items (NEI) 18.104.22.168 – Full Support
- Nuclear Control – Full Support
- Petroleum Generator 1.2.1 – Full Support
- Portal Gun 1.4.7v5 – Full Support
- Powerconverters 2.2 – Partial Support
- Project Bench – Full Support
- Railcraft 6.14+ (6.17) – Full Support
- Redpower 2 pre6 – Full Support
- Soul Shards 1.26 – Full Support
- Steve’s Carts 2 a39 – Partial Support
- Thaumcraft 3 3.0.3 – Partial Support
- Thermal Expansion 2 2.2.2 – Full Support
- TubeStuff 51.0.0 – Full Support
- Partial Support Twilight Forest 1.14.0 – Partial Support
- Valve Pipes 1.3 – Full Support
- Wireless Redstone ChickenBones Edition (WRCBE) 1.3.3 – Full Support
- XYcraft 0.10.13 – Partial Support
Screenshots of the John Smith Legacy Resource and Texture Pack:
How to install John Smith Legacy Resource Pack:
- Download the Texture Pack.
- Install MCPatcher.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and to to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file you downloaded, in to the resource pack folder.
- The texture pack should now appear in Minecraft, choose the texture pack and click “Done”.
- Enjoy and play !
Here is a better look at the resource pack, courtesy of Vencko74