Minecraft version 1.9 has been released after a long long period without any major updates.
The new update is called “The Combat Update”, due to all the changes and new items in combat/PvP etc.
One of the updates is that you can no longer swing your sword as fast as you can, there is a delay on from now on (cooldown).
Minecraft 1.9 Changelog:
- Added shields
- Attacking now has a “cool-down” delay, making it more important to time your attacks
- You can now hold items in both hands (default quick key to swap items is ‘F’)
- Swords have a special sweep attack
- Axes have a special crushing blow attack
- Added the elytra
- New mob: Shulker
- Expanded The End
- Added Chorus plants
- New Purpur blocks
- New End Rod block
- Added dragon head block
- Ender Dragon can be resummoned
- Added beetroot and beetroot soup (from MC:PE)
- Added grass path block
- Added igloos
- Armor protection values have been lowered
- Added tipped arrows
- Added spectral arrows
- Added Frost Walker enchantment and frosted ice block
- Added a whole bunch of new sound effects
- Added sound effect subtitles
- Brewing Stand now requires Blaze Powder to activate
- Added skeleton riders
- We believe we’ve fixed MC-10 and a whole bunch of other issues
- Removed Herobrine (again, lol)
We will get the crafting guide updated as soon as possible with all the new crafting recipes.
Also we will try to get articles with important mods updated to version 1.9 asap.
Update: check out the new 1.9 crafting guide.