Terraria Craft changes the look of Minecraft to that of the 2D game, Terraria, which draws heavy inspiration from Minecraft in the first place, although Terraria was a much more “gamey game” in the beginning, as opposed to the more “simulation”-ish feel of Minecraft.
So this pack completes the circle, and brings the texture and look of Terraria into Minecraft, complete with the unique weapons and armors found in Terraria (in look only, it does not change stats or anything else).
In a way, this can be considered the closest you will get to playing Terraria in 3D, however, seeing as Minecraft and Terraria is so similar in the first place despite one being 3D and the other being 2D, it doesn’t matter all that much.
If you are looking for a resource pack that makes you game prettier and more detailed, this is probably not for you, as it actually makes Minecraft look a bit more pixelated than usual, due to Terraria being a lower resolution 2D game. But this just makes it a more faithful resource pack, as it stays true to the look of the game it is based upon.
Here’s some pictures of the pack in-game:
Comparison to the default look of Minecraft:
How to install the Terraria Craft Resource and Texture Pack:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- Unzip the file to the resource pack folder using a program such as WinRAR (then right click the .zip file and chose “Extract Here” in WinRAR)
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- Enjoy your new 3D version of Terraria!
Here are some videos that showcase the Terraria Craft Resource and Texture Pack: