Is you’re game not hard enough? Do you have far to little deadly disease and the cures for them in your day-to-day life?
Are you just really a fan of rats and other disease-ridden pests? Then DiseaseCraft is probably something you’ll love!
This game adds 8 new diseases to the game, each altering the game in a different way, like altering your movement. Diseases can be caught by, eating raw meat, “hugging” rats, and simply by exploring for long periods of time. To get rid of them, you will have to create, or trade for, medicine, medicine which might not be totally stable, so it might help you, or it might harm your more.
Note: DiseaseCraft required Minecraft Forge!
The diseases are:
- Influenza, which makes you nauseous, weaker, drowsy, and fatigued. This is transferred by players and zombies.
- Rabies, gives you hydrophobia and makes you slower. It is transferred by wolves.
- Pneumonic Plague, makes you weak and drowsy. You risk getting infected by this if you eat raw animal meat. It also has a mortality rate of 50%.
- Malaria, makes you weak and fatigued. Transferred by mosquitoes in hot climates. This one also has a mortality rate of 50%.
- Bubonic Plague, the black death, wiped out half of Europe (est. 25 million) in the 14th century. Makes you drowsy and fatigued. Transferred by black rats (or rather, the fleas commonly found on black rats). Has a mortality rate of 75%!
- Parkinson’s Diseas, makes you jittery and gives you “butter fingers”. Contracted by over-exploring.
- Yellow Fever, makes you nauseous, weak, drowsy and fatigued. Transferred by mosquitoes in hot climates. Has a mortality rate of 50%.
Your goal with this mod is to strive for survival as the diseases and plagues try to end you at every turn!
A very helpful item to craft in this new world of (enhanced) danger is the medical journal, which is made by combining redstone, a water bucket, a bone, a fire charge, a book, a raw porkchop, some rotten flesh, grass, and a diamond pickaxe, like this:
You can also use the diseases for biological warfare (although that is illegal in most places), by crafting a chemical extractor and right clicking the disease, as well as making vaccines to make you immune (Warning: may cause Autism. Not really though). Vaccines doesn’t protect you against biological weapons though.
All in all, the DiseaseCraft Mod is a cool mod that gives some more insight into various deadly real-life diseases, as well as enhancing the gameplay, by making it more challenging and engaging. It adds a whole new aspect to combat and the game in general, as it makes you a lot more vary of fighting zombies or engaging wolves or other beasts, as you might just end up with a deadly disease if you do. Gone are the days when you can just chomp down on raw meat without worrying about anything!
How to install the DiseaseCraft Mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod.
- (Important) Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open your Minecraft folder (in Windows: Start -> Run -> “%appdata%\.minecraft”).
- Copy the mod .jar, file(s) you downloaded to the “mods” folder found inside the .minecraft folder.
- All set! You are now ready for your player character to be ravaged and killed by some of the worlds most deadly diseases, have fun!
Here’s a Mod Spotlight of DiseaseCraft, courtesy of TheMinecraftHippie: