This guide / tutorial will take you through all the steps on how to install resource packs in Minecraft. Installing beautiful resource and texture packs is pretty easy and can be done by almost everyone.
Resource packs is a good way to customize and enhance the Minecraft experience. With texture packs, the Minecraft developers, made it easy for people to customize how things look in Minecraft. The default resource pack can be pixelated, and using another resource pack will give you a brand new Minecraft experience.
Installing Resource Packs in Minecraft
1. Download the resource pack you want to use. Do not unzip the file.
2. Open Minecraft.
3. Pres ESC and click options. From there click on Resource Packs and Open resource pack folder.
4. Now copy the resource pack file you downloaded previously, to this folder.
5. Go back to Minecraft, the resource pack should now be on the list. Choose it and click Done.
6. That’s it – simple as that, enjoy !
Please note that some resource and texture packs require additional mods to work. Some resource packs has connected textures and other features, and may require for example MCPatcher or OptiFine to work properly.
If you are having any trouble, please leave a comment and we will try to help.
It is recommended to use one of the graphic optimizers mentioned – MCPatcher and OptiFine both works fine. But it is not recommended to use them at the same time.
They share some of the same features which can cause troubles. If you do use both anyway, remember to disable the features in MCPatcher that is already included in OptiFine, otherwise you may experience errors when running Minecraft.