Herobrine’s Mansion is an horror adventure map created for Halloween by the infamous Hypixel.
It is a very well made map, with several quests, taking you on a horror-filled and epic journey through Herobrine’s Mansion.
The map is one of the most popular adventure maps for a reason, play it and you will see why.
Herobrine is a urban legend from Minecraft, about a character called Herobrine, who supposedly would show up in players games, even when they were playing singleplayer. Here he would craft odd structures and stalk the player, eventually doing increasingly horrible things to the player or the players buildings and structures. The legend goes that Herobrine was Notch’s deceased brother, now haunting his brothers most famous work.
None of that is true of course, but Herobrine has been the star of several mods, and now he’s also the star in this awesome adventure map.
The map starts with a small tutorial and introduction to this map, and then it lets you lose in the grounds of the giant mansion, with your first quest to seek and help out Victor the shopkeeper.
From there it evolves into an epic quest of saving the world from Herobrine who is trying to summon Wither in order to rain death and destruction upon the world.
Here are the features of the map:
- This map includes 6 unique boss fights
- It has many customized monsters
- Inlcuding elite monster who have a 35% chance to drop the Demonic Set
- Shops to help you in your adventure
- New item sets and new unique items
- The map does not requires and mods
- The infamous Herobrine
- A storyline made by commandblocks
- Several secret rooms (four in total)
- New custom potions
- Between 1 to 2 hours of awesome gameplay
If you wish to run your own server with this map, here are the settings (important, if you don’t use these, the map will bug):
- First off, DO NOT use Bukkit
Another important thing is that you must not use beds, as they will get you stuck, or possible worse.
In order to kill Wither, you must use the bow sold by a villager on the Wither platform. It costs 10 Crystals of Anger that drops from Obsidian Skeletons. The bow has ~3 charges, so don’t miss, and it is advised to buy more than one bow before engaging him, as he regenerates. Another tip, the Holy Water dropped by Wither is very good in both offensive and defensive strategies.
The recommended resource pack for this is A’therys Ascended Resource pack, the map is made with that resource pack in mind, so it will look a lot better (and spookier!) if you use it.
How to install the Herobrine’s Mansion Adventure Map:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded and put it in the saves folder.
- Thats it – try to defeat Herobrine and save the world… of Minecraft!