Welcome to the Tateworld Toyshop! In this map, you start off by drinking a magical potion that takes you into another world, a world where you’re no bigger than a toy! Being no bigger than a toy brings about a whole slew of new danger though, as this word isn’t without enemies! Other toy soldiers and toy indians are also roaming the toy store, and they’re not exactly taking kindly to strangers.
In this strange toyshop, you must navigate your way around a very vertical map, but thankfully, you’re given a grappling hook right at the beginning in order to help you. And it is pretty helpful. It can be played alone, but there’s also a team game for those who want to compete against each other. In order to “win” the map, you must complete tasks, challenges, and thereby collect badges. The team who gathers all the badges first and manage to bring them back to their base for display, wins. The map also features custom textures and sounds, and it is automatically installed when you install the map.
To survive the whole ordeal, it is highly recommended that you mine, farm, and build, as resources are pretty scarce in this toyshop, but since it is also magical, some oddities do occour, such as cakes growing on trees. If you manage to find and wear a full set of armor, you will gain certain super powers.
There are 12 badges in total, and they are:
- The Excalibur Badge: gained by finding the sword in the stone, near the packet of toy knights. To find the toy knights, use your binoculars (given to you at the start of the map).
- Penny Sweets Badge: gained by finding and using the hidden Pez dispenser. This also gives you unlimited sweets!
- The Beach-crafting Badge: gained by crafting an iron bucket and an iron shovel. Iron ore can be found in the mines. Used to unlock the beach area, which is a great source of sand.
- Teddy Bears Picnic Badge: gained by finding the Candy Forest. The Candy Forest is magical place of Rainbow sheep and cake trees. A great source of sugarcanes and dirt.
- The Rancher Badge: gained by breeding 5 types of any animal. Shoot or break animal heads to spawn that particular animal. Hint: plant seeds in dirt to grow wheat.
- The Baking Badge: gained by baking a birthday cake! To bake a cake, you will need milk from cows, eggs from chickens, what, and sugar from sugarcanes.
- The Inkwell Badge: gained by crafting 6 comic bookshelves. Comic book pages and covers are dropped by the evil bad toys.
- The Tin Can Alley Badge: gained by knocking down all the cans at the funfair. The funfair is on the pier by the beach.
- Watch With Mother Badge: gained by fixing the giant TV, then stepping through it in order to visit the friendly nether. Obsidian is required to fix the TV, in order to make obsidian throw some water on lava, which can be found in the mine.
- The Bullseye Badge: gained by earning 100 points by hitting the bullseye of the targets found around the Toyshop.
- Bump-in-the-night Badge: gained by turning off all the lights on the top shelf. Take care though, many evil toys are found at the top shelves, and turning off the lights might attract other things…
- The Disc-Jockey Badge: gained by finding all the 12 discs around the map, and putting each disc in the correct jukebox in your team base.
As you can see, there is a somewhat logical progression to how you acquire the badges. Some are only obtainable after obtaining other badges, some can be obtained whenever you want to.
The Tateworld Toyshop is a pretty cool adventure map, that takes you on quite the journey, can be played with or against your friends, and its quite unusual in its vertical nature. It has many unique features, custom textures, and it is full of challenge, adventure, and fun! Don’t miss out, and if you want even more fun, bring some friends!
How to install the Tateworld Toyshop Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- Alright, that should do it! The Tateworld Toyshop Map should now be installed, enjoy and have fun!
Here is the official trailer for the map, give it a look if you want a better look at it: