The Mutant Creatures Mod is a mod that affects the mobs of Minecraft, by giving them a chance to mutate when they spawn. These new mutated variants will have new abilities and be stronger than their normal counterparts.
They can be considered mini-bosses, and will be significantly harder to kill than they normally would.
Players can also create these new mutated mobs at will, by creating a new potion called “chemical X”.
The chemical X potion is created by combining 4 obsidian blocks with 1 water bottle, like this:
This potion can then be thrown at the various normal versions of the mobs. This gives them a 50% chance to mutate, or a 50% to blow up and die. So if you want to create your own mutants, you can, but they’ll still be aggressive towards your, so be careful.
The new mobs also have new drops, so while the risk may be greater, so will the rewards.
Here are some of the new mutated mobs:
There are more mutated mobs out there, however, I will let you find them for yourselves.
As stated above, these new creatures will spawn even without the players tampering, so they will make the game harder and exploration much more riskier, so be warned.
Here is a video showcasing the mob and some of the mutated creatures found within:
How to install Mutant Creatures Mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod and the required AnimationAPI from below.
- If you don’t have Forge, then download and install Forge for Minecraft (remember to select the “Forge” profile in the Minecraft launcher).
- Open your minecraft folder (in Windows: Start -> Run -> “%appdata%\.minecraft”).
- Copy the mod files you downloaded to the “mods” folder found inside the .minecraft folder.
- Enjoy the new mutated mobs, and the increased risk and rewards!