Are you ready for the Exodus? The new premier TV-Show in which its contestants will be pitted against monsters in life-threatening situations!
The Exodus Season 1 Map for Minecraft is a map where the story is that players from all over have been selected to participate in a new TV-show.
Each season of Exodus have a different theme, with the first season being the zombie apocalypse. This map is called season 1, as it features 4 episodes (or different parts of the story), in which you must try to escape this apocalypse.
During your journey you must work to appease the viewers, as each player will be given rewards or penalties depending on how liked they are with the audience. An announcer will periodically be informing you just how many people are watching. The more kills you have, the more liked you will be.
Each episode is harder than the previous, so it will only get more difficult as you progress.
You must work together with others, or fight alone, in order to complete all four episode, and win the grand prize of 1 million emeralds! (There is no actual prize though)
It is possible to play this map alone, but it is highly recommend that you are 2 or more (max 4), as it is quite difficult, there are A LOT of zombies.
The latest version of Minecraft is all that is needed to play this map, no mods, no plugins.
This season takes around 2-3 hours to complete, maybe more, maybe less, depends on how many you are, and on whether you will explore or rush through.
There is (unfortunately) no resource pack connected to this map (yet), so default is recommended.
It is quite a difficult map, but don’t fret if you die, you’ll respawn with your items.
Upon entering the map you will chose whether to play singleplayer or multiplayer, and the game rules will be set accordingly.
To not have the map bug or look weird, render distance is recommended to be at least over 7.
Now for the features of the map:
- An awesome experience, best enjoyed in co-op with other players.
- Tons of zombies to be killed.
- “Viewers” will occasionally vote on players popularity, with rewards and penalties given accordingly.
- Tons of loot, some of it hidden well.
- 4 unique bosses.
- 5 different areas: city, underground, wilderness, inside areas, and a lab).
- Many completely optional areas (often worth it for loot and lore).
- Filled with new 1.8 features!
- Craft your own items to help you in your adventure!
- Plenty of puzzles, including riddles, parkour, sliders, and mazes.
- Over 3000 command blocks used!
- “The Walking Dead” + “Left 4 Dead” with a dash of “Death Race” and Minecraft = the Exodus Season 1 Map!
- Custom Rankings!
- A cool progressive storyline!
- A plethora of hidden secrets!
- And finally, a epic finale and awesome after show!
Sounds good, right? Well, if fake TV-shows about contestants trying to survive the zombie apocalypse sounds like your thing, then give Exodus Season 1 a try! And try to bring friends!
How to install the Exodus Season 1 Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- That’s it! You are now ready to be a (unwilling) participant in this twisted TV-show! Have fun!
Check out this Let’s Play by Aureylian to get more info about this map and see it in action: