Grimoire of Gaia is primarily a mob mod, and that’s what you will find most of here, a bunch of new mobs, and a lot of them. They have many different behaviors, levels, and they change depending on which difficulty you play on.
The three different behaviors are passive, where they will never attack you or retaliate if you attack, assist where they will not attack you unprovoked but will attack if anyone attacks them, and aggressive who will attack anyone on sight, usually the first player they see.
Important: the Grimoire of Gaia Mob requires Minecraft Forge in order to function.
You will also encounter mobs of three different levels, each having unique stats:
- Have 20 hearts health
- An armor rating of 4
- Damages 4 hearts on hit
- Gives 10 experience upon defeat
- 75% less knockback
- Drops 1 iron shard and 1 emerald shard upon death
- Has a rare chance to drop 1 iron box
- Have 40 hearts health
- An armor rating of 8
- Damages 6 hearts on hit
- Gives 25 experience upon defeat
- 62.5% less knockback
- Drops 1 gold shard and 1 emerald shard upon death
- Has a rare chance to drop 1 gold box
- Has a step height of 6
- Have 80 hearts health
- An armor rating of 16
- Damages 8 hearts on hit
- Gives 50 experience upon defeat
- 50% less knockback
- Can have unique abilities
- Can be immune to fire, fall damage, projectiles, and webs
- Drops 1 golden apple slice, 1 diamond shard, and emerald shards upon death
- Has a rare chance to drop 1 diamond box
Playing on different difficulties affect which mobs you will see and which you wont. If you play on peaceful, you will only encounter the passive mobs. If you play on easy, mobs won’t give you any debuffs. If you play on normal, you will be affected by the default debuff duration. Playing on hard will increase debuff duration and damage.
Mobs who primarily use leap attacks will receive double damage from projectiles. Mobs who hold equipment have a chance to drop it when defeated. Ranged mobs are likely to take 100% knockback.
Several new mobs are also added, but they are mostly just decorative busts, which can be acquired by defeating their representative mobs, such as the Sphinx, Vampire, and so on.
A total of 49 new mobs are added, all varying in strength, abilities, disposition towards you and more! Some will help you, some will ignore you, and many will try their best to end you!
So if you are looking for more challenge in your daily play, a lot more mob variety and a few more items and blocks, then check out the Grimoire of Gaia Mod. Although some mobs have a very anime-inspired look, plenty look a bit more Minecraft-y.
If you want more information about this mod, the mobs within, new weapons, tools, and the features of it, you should definitively check out the official wiki.
How to install the Grimoire of Gaia Mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod.
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Open your Minecraft folder (in Windows: Start -> Run -> “%appdata%\.minecraft”).
- Copy the mod .jar file(s) you downloaded to the “mods” folder, found inside the .minecraft folder.
- That’s it, the Grimoire of Gaia Mod should now be installed and running, so have fun and enjoy the mod!
Here is a video showing of all the various new mobs found in this mod, as well as other features: