The Infinitri PvP Map is a highly-competitive map where you can play against your friends (or if you can find a server hosting it, random people), mainly using bows. It is actually several maps divided in one world, 7 in total, all well-planned to facilitate plenty of competition, and it offers 5 different gamemodes.
You are free to play it as you want, some might want to use it in order to train with bows and get better at using them, or you can simply play it for the fun of it. The competition of the map is high, so be sure that your friends or you aren’t whiners that might throw a fit over being beaten! The creators of the map define it as a highly-competitive bow-game.
The gamemodes offered by this map are:
- Freeze tag: similar to a game kids often play, which you may or may not know, two teams compete against each other. The first team to completely freeze the other team wins! A few items are unique to this mode, and it is very important you learn how to use them if you wish to master this mode:
- Blaze Powder: this item is used to unfreeze any frozen teammates. Drop it to use it.
- Water Bucket: this item is used to stop and unfreezing attemps. Drop it to use it.
- Capture the Flag: two teams face off against each other, each team having their own beacon. Near each beacon are banners, which indicates flags. The rules are the same as pretty much every other capture the flag mode, you must defend your own flag, while trying to steal the enemy teams. Bring back both of the enemys teams flags back to your beacon in order to win a round. You can play for either 1 round, or 3 rounds..
- Free for All: no teams in this round, its everyone against everyone, pretty much havoc with plenty of fast paced killing. First player to reach the amount of kills selected by the operator wins. Objectives are displayed on the sidebar.
- Capture Point: players are divided into two teams, and there are two capture points, located at the two beacons. The game is somewhat similar to capture the flag, the teams have to control the beacon of the enemy team, in order to drain its health to 0%, while defending their own. The team to reduce the other teams beacon to 0% first wins.
- Team Deathmatch: another classic game-mode, players are divided into two teams, each squaring off against one another, with the simple goal of killing the other team. No other goal here, the team to reach the set amount of kills first wins the match.
The map also features killstreaks, which can be enabled in the settings room, reaching the required killstreak will net you an item:
- 2 KS gives you a grenade (right-click to use).
- 4 KS gives you a land mine (drop to use).
- 5 KS gives you ExBoots (equip to use).
- 7 KS gives you an airstrike (drop to use).
- 10 KS gives you a nuke (drop to use).
It is recommended that you play this map with Minecraft 1.8.3, as there is a bug with Minecraft 1.8.4 and armor stands, which this map utilizes, so you might encounter bugs if you use any other version. For obvious reasons, it is also recommended that you play this map with (or rather against) friends!
How to install the Infinitri PvP Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- Done! The Infinitri PvP Map should now be installed, have fun and enjoy!
Here is the official trailer for the map, check it out for a better look at it: