The Mineout Resource Pack is the perfect resource pack for all the Fallout fans out there! This pack makes almost everything in the game look like something you’ll will find in that very popular franchise. Post-apocalypse is the name of the game, and with this pack, your world will look slightly more irradiated and desolate!
Most mobs in this resource pack has been re-textured to resemble a Fallout creature or person, here is a full list:
- Bats looks like Bloatflies.
- Blazes looks like Mr. Handy or Mr. Gusty.
- Butcher Villagers looks like Vault Dwellers.
- Ocelots and cats looks like Nightstalkers.
- Cave Spiders looks like Radscorpions.
- Chickens looks like Giant Mantises.
- Cows looks like Brahmin.
- Creepers looks like Centaurs.
- Endermen looks like Nightkin.
- Farmer Villagers looks like Settlers.
- Ghasts looks like Tendril Floaters.
- Iron Golems looks like Securitrons.
- Librarian Villagers looks like Scribes.
- Magma Cubes looks like Red Holograms.
- Player looks like a Vault Dweller (unless you have other skins activated).
- Priest Villagers looks like Followers of the Apocalypse.
- Sheep looks like Bighorners.
- Skeletons looks like Swamp Folk, Raiders, or Y-17 Trauma Override Harness.
- Slime looks like Blue Holograms.
- Silverfish looks like Radroaches.
- Smith Villagers looks like Roving Traders.
- Snow Golems looks like Eyebots.
- Spiders looks like Giant Ants.
- Squids looks like Floaters.
- Witches looks like Fiends.
- Wither looks like the Think Tank.
- Wither Skeletons looks like Raiders.
- Wild Wolves looks like Dogs, Tamed Wolves looks like Dogmeat, Hostile Wolves looks like Viscous Dogs.
- Pig Zombies looks like Ghouls.
- Zombies looks like Feral Ghouls.
While it is still a WIP (work in progress), the pack is already pretty complete, with very few textures needing to be remade. Most items, armors, weapons, mobs, and blocks are all Fallout-themed, and if you’re a fan, you will recognize a lot of these things. The pack also features a 3D Add-on that you can download separately, this will make some items such as fences, rails, bookshelves, ladders, and more 3D, making them stand out more and look better.
My only gripe is that they haven’t made the pack in a higher resolution, as some of the textures looks a bit muddy, but that is a minor “issue”, and is entirely up to preference. Keeping the default resolution makes sure that anyone who can play Minecraft can play using this pack without any slowdowns or such, so I can see why they’d do that.
Mineout is a very well made resource pack, and their attempt at recreating the Fallout visuals, atmosphere, and style as well as possible within the limitations of Minecraft is great. They have done a good job, so if you want more Fallout in your Minecraft, Mineout is a great way to get that!
Here is a comparison between the Mineout Resource Pack and default Minecraft:
How to install the Mineout Resource Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Optional: install MCPatcher.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- All done! Storyblock should now be installed correctly, so enjoy!