The Nostalgia-Craft Resource Pack is for all of you who miss that old and familiar Minecraft feel of the Alpha or Beta. The bright green grass, the acid-looking trees, and more, can all be found again in these two packs! Nostalgia-Craft can be found in two distinct versions: Alpha or Beta. The Alpha version is one that varies the most from the Minecraft we know and love today, with the Beta version not changing too much, and not being to apparent in what is actually different.
The “features” of the Alpha version is also far more than those of the Beta version. Here they are for the Alpha version:
- Alpha title screen and Minecraft title.
- Alpha Mojang logo, and alpha title screen background.
- Old gravel textures.
- Grass and leaf textures pre-halloween update from 2010.
- Old porkchop textures.
- Old painting textures.
- Old explosion graphics.
- Old brick and furnace textures.
- Alpha-styled chests and trapped chests.
- Old fishing rod animation.
- Old dispenser textures.
- Old diamond armor textures.
- Old cocoabean textures.
- Ghasts fireballs are reverted to be flaming snowballs.
- Old leather armor textures.
- Old styled foodstuff textures.
- Phaseless moon.
- Snoutless pigs are back.
- Old water and lava textures.
- Old reeds textures.
- Old rose textures.
- Old top of log textures.
- A lot of the old sounds are back:
- Old block step sounds.
- Old mob sounds (including the old creepers).
- Old player damage sounds.
- Old bow sounds.
- Old door sounds.
- Old fall damage sounds.
- Old level-up sounds.
- Minecarts are completely silent again.
- Other miscellaneous sounds, suck as flint and steel.
As you can see, a lot of the changes are also to sounds rather than just the textures, so want to listen to the good old step or bow sounds, you can!
Now for the features of the Beta version, which as you can see, are a lot less:
- Beta textures of grass, stone, planks, cobblestone, gravel, and more!
- Old sounds from Beta!
- And a lot more, but the author has forgotten what exactly..
Nostalgia-Craft is perfect if you want to relive the first moments of Minecraft, or just want to see how it looked and sounded like back in the day. However, as many blocks, items, and mobs simply didn’t exist back in alpha or beta, they will just retain their current vanilla Minecraft looks, and currently there are no plans to rework them into looking more alpha or beta.
Here is a comparison between the Nostalgia-Craft Alpha Resource Pack and default Minecraft:
Here is a comparison between the Nostalgia-Craft Beta Resource Pack and default Minecraft:
How to install Nostalgia-Craft Resource Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Optional: install MCPatcher.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- All set! The Nostalgia-Craft Resource Pack should now be installed, so load up a game and marvel at the old looks and sounds!