In Planetary Confinement – The Dunes, you play as a pilot whose spaceship has crashed upon a alien and desolate planet. You are not without help though, as your cockpit is equipped with several life-saving tools as well as a journal and special crafting module featuring new custom crafting recipes. However, you aren’t alone either, and the night is especially dangerous, as that is when the monsters come out to play.
The planet is hostile to life, so in order to survive, a spacesuit must be used at all times. Don’t worry about oxygen though, it won’t be a problem. Staying hydrated, and keeping your temperature low though, that can become difficult especially once you also have to worry about various monsters wanting to rip your face off. The sun isn’t your friend either, as staying in it will increase temperature, and lower your hydration.
The whole area of Planetary Confinement is 2000 x 2000, and it is full of secrets for you to find, as well as a complete storyline with several chapters and nuances. There is also a random event system in place, ensuring that no two playthroughs are ever the same, and to keep you on your toes. One example is space rifts that can spawn on top of you, where they will proceed to throw mobs at you.
A grappling hook is also available, allowing players to move around in a more efficient and easier way. Mobs will also be tougher, and have new features, such as spiders being able to trap players in their webs.
All in all, Planetary Confinement – The Dunes feature over 23 different quests, ensuring you get around the huge area, and discover new amazing places. More than 40 new crafting recipes are available, and you also get access to an in-game recipe book, as well as a better, online one:
You can craft cool new creations such as turrets, sieves, and deconstructers as well, to better aid you in your journey on this desolate planet.
Don’t worry about running around with old dated equipment either, as you receive a cool Redstone Rifle right from the start. There is also plenty of custom models unique to this map, 10 hidden achievements, and 2 awesome boss battles.
To summarize, Planetary Confinement – The Dunes is a pretty cool map with a nice story and plenty of new features, it takes advantage of command blocks and new exclusive 1.8 features, a pretty cool and nice map.
The map is available in 4 different variants, Easy, Easy LC (LowCore, opposite of HardCore), Hard, and Hard LC.
How to install the Planetary Confinement – The Dunes Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- Alright! The map should now be installed and found among your other worlds, have fun and enjoy the map!
Here is a cool trailer for the map, check it out if you’re interested:
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Easy] (Mirror 1)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Easy] (Mirror 2)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Easy LC] (Mirror 1)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Easy LC] (Mirror 2)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Hard] (Mirror 1)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Hard] (Mirror 2)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Hard LC] (Mirror 1)
- Planetary Confinement for Minecraft 1.8.3 [Hard LC] (Mirror 2)