Strongestcraft Xray is a rather unique resource pack in that it gives you xray-vision, without using mods or hacks, so it is pretty much undetectable. However, this also means that it isn’t as effective, especially not in newer versions of the game, where new blocks will be black and not transparent.
However, if you don’t want to mess around with mods or cheats, but still want to be able to see through the ground and easily locate what you are looking for, this resource pack is very useful.
Here is a list of some of the benefits you’ll gain by using this resource pack:
- Spot strongholds quickly and easily.
- Discover ravines without any hassle.
- Locate dungeons instantly.
- Spot melon seed-filled mineshafts quickly and easily.
- Locate enemies waiting for you outside your base or elsewhere.
- Detect traps before you happen to trigger them.
- You don’t have to mine random tunnels until you find a cave anymore.
- Locate large cave systems that you might easily have missed.
- Includes night vision pumpkin helmets to light up dark areas.
- Avoid enemies, lava hazards, griefers and other dangers easily.
- Never worry about getting your vision obscured by clouds, rain, snow or fire.
- Never lose track of where you are and where you need to go when spelunking.
- Always be aware of which way north, south, east, and west are, thanks to the sun and the moon.
- Know exactly when your crops are ready to be harvested, due to the crop countdown timer.
- Open your inventory without fear of being blown up by creepers or attacked by mobs, thanks to the transparent menus.
- Be reminded that you can use wooden items to fuel furnaces, due to the interface reminder.
- Wear pumpkin helmets without cluttering your vision (ex. look at Endermen without being attacked).
- Use all of these benefits on worlds or servers with FTB, NetherOres, Tekkit, TFC, The Aether and more.
- Efficiently locate and harvest ores and other valuable resources (also works in conjunction with x-ray mods).
- Distinguish valuable blocks from one another without torches or other light sources, due to unique pixel arrangements.
- And more!
As stated, it is not a perfect resource pack, but it works and helps, and it is not really risky to use, easy to install, and nice to have.
The pack is available in 3 versions: “Default”, “F&MF” (Fortress and Mycelium Finder, makes nether fortresses and mycelium blocks solid so they’re easier to find, but you can’t see through those blocks), and “Casual” (makes dirt, grass, stone and sand solid as they normally are).
Here is a comparison between the Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack and the default Minecraft pack:
How to install the Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Optional: Download and install MCPatcher or OptiFine.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- All done and set, you are now ready to use this fantastic pack in your game, enjoy and have fun!
- Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7/1.6 (Default) [16x16] (Mirror 1)
- Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7/1.6 (Default) [16x16] (Mirror 2)
- Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7/1.6 (F&MF) [16x16] (Mirror 1)
- Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7/1.6 (F&MF) [16x16] (Mirror 2)
- Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7/1.6 (Casual) [16x16] (Mirror 1)
- Strongestcraft Xray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7/1.6 (Casual) [16x16] (Mirror 2)