Treecapitator is a nice little mod that changes how you cut down trees. If you have ever played Terraria, then this mod will change the behavior of trees you cut down to one similar, as in if you cut the lowest block of the tree, the rest will also get chopped down. This means that you no longer have to break each individual tree block, but instead that you only need to break one of the lower blocks for the entire tree to be harvested, even works with the big jungle trees.
This makes chopping trees and harvesting wood a much, much faster process, and it is a really useful feature.
DaftPVF is the original creator of this mod, but after having gone on a hiatus, bspkrs have taken over development of the mod, keeping it as up to date as possible, which doesn’t always mean the newest Minecraft version, as this mod relies on either Minecraft Forge or Modloader.
Features of the mod:
- Forge CoreMod version can break any log right out of the box (see new config format)
- To break logs normally without taking the whole tree down, simply sneak while chopping (configurable)
- Configurable list of tool IDs to better determine what an “axe” is
- New optional item damage based on number of logs broken (enabled by default)
- Smart tree-detection, should only chop the correct tree down, but issues may arise in the jungle or in tight tree clusters
- Option to destroy leaves
- Option to shear leaves (with a shear-type item in hotbar)
- Option to shear vines (with a shear-type item in hotbar)
- Disable drops in creative
- Disable tool requirement
- Automatic mod version check (never miss a new feature, to disable set allowUpdateCheck=false in mod_bspkrsCore.cfg)
This mod requires bspkrsCore, a dependency mod. It contains the core shared classes used by all bspkrs mods. If you don’t install it along side this mod, Minecraft will crash.
How to install Treecapitator Mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod and the required bspkrsCore file from below.
- If you don’t have Forge or Modloader, then download and install either (with Forge, remember to select the “Forge” profile in the Minecraft launcher).
- Open your minecraft folder (in Windows: Start -> Run -> “%appdata%\.minecraft”).
- Copy the mod files you downloaded to the “mods” folder found inside the .minecraft folder.
- Enjoy the new much faster tree-chopping abilities!
Here is a video demonstrating the mod in action: