An Ant Farm Survival Map is a huge varied map featuring many different sections, and they are usually known for their crazy terrain, wide variety, unique mechanics and fun.
This pack features the four most popular of them, including the original Ant Farm Survival, and each map is very different from the previous. They are as follows:
Classic Ant Farm Survival – The map that started this genre of survival maps.About this map (click to here to see achievements, tips and rules)
Classic Ant Farm Achievements:
- Craft a bucket
- Craft some iron tools
- Craft a bow
- Make some glass
- Find and harvest a sugar cane
- Setup an infinite water source
- Put an enchant on an item
- Craft a bookshelf
- Construct a house
- Find and activate the hidden chicken spawner
- Bake a cake
- Find, harvest and grow brown and red giant mushrooms
- Craft TNT
- Make a wheat farm
- Make a melon farm
- Tame a wolf
- Craft a compass
- Find and harvest all 8 hidden diamonds
- Destroy or disable all spawners (18 in total)
Nether Ant Farm Achievements:
- Enter the nether
- Acquire some gold nuggets
- Craft a golden apple
- Craft a clock
- Find and harvest glowstone
- Locate the Nether Fortress
- Locate and loot the treasure room in the Nether Fortress
- Destroy all Nether Spawners (14 in total)
Final achievements (leave these for the end):
- Leave the Ant Farm [Tip: follow the light]
- Move to the floor
- Get on top of the bed and locate the hidden message
- Activate the portal to the Extreme Ant Farm with 12 Eyes of Ender.
- There is no coal ore, so make charcoal instead
- The walls are re-textured bedrock, so they are technically opaque, and it gets really dark lower down
- It is recommended that you put render distance on Far so you can see the whole room
- Do not try to leave the Ant Farm until you get to that achievement
- Please do not play on peaceful. This is a survival map after all
- Use of the included texture pack is highly recommended. Otherwise everything will look weird
- Do not make another nether portal in the nether, otherwise you might screw things up
- Do not break anything outside the ant farm. Not even a little bit
Extreme Ant Farm SurvivalAbout this map (click to here to see achievements and rules)
- Construct a base or a house
- Craft a full set of Diamond Armor and Tools
- Create an Iron Golem
- Get a Hardcore Dungeon medal on first try, without dying
- Engineer a renewable coin source
- Brew a Splash Potion of Regeneration II
- Clear the Nether Fortress and make it safe, then loot it
- Make a gunpowder farm
- Destroy all spawners on top of the Ant Cube
- Succesfully complete the Medal Room
- Place the dragon egg on the shrine on the very top
- (Optional) Enter the Forbidden Ant Farm
- You may only take achievement rewards in the center area once you have completed the achievement.
- Do not break any blocks in the center area.
- Do not leave the Ant Cube until you get to that achievement.
- Do not break the ant cube’s inner wall’s layer of glass.
- Do not use water in the Nether Zone
- You may only exchange items that you are supposed to exchange with the villagers.
Forbidden Ant FarmAbout this map (click to here to see achievements and rules)
- Find all rogue shops
- Construct an Ender Chest
- Clear the Forbidden Ant Farm and make it safe
- Complete the Simmered Cave to get the Forbidden Pickaxe.
- Complete the Withering Catacombs to get the Forbidden Wand.
- Complete the Tomb of Demons to get the Forbidden Blade.
- Find the Mechanite Forge and get the Quasar Sword.
- Do not just dig your way to the end of the forbidden dungeons
Sky Ant Farm SurvivalAbout this map (click to here to see achievements and rules)
- Craft a punch bow
- Craft a knockback sword
- Construct a floating home
- Locate the only water source block
- Kill one of every Ore Mob (Coal, Iron, Redstone, Gold, and Diamond)
- Brew a Potion of Invisibility+
- Find and take all 9 Sky Dungeon Artifacts:
- Find all 3 Ice Crowns
- Find all 3 Cursed Gems
- Find all 3 Flowers of Evil
- Locate the four landmarks, loot them, and then make them safe:
- The Ice Cove
- The Flame Cove
- The Library
- The Mineshaft
- Conquer the Forbidden Ninja Fortress, make it safe, and then loot it completely (hard)
- There is no way to return to other Ant Farms from the Sky Ant Farm. You have been warned
- The time of day is always early dawn in the SAF
- You can use a bed any time
- There is an easy, a medium and a hard dungeon for each artifact type in Sky Dungeons
- Sand is very useful. Take care not to waste it
- Ores are renewable
- Stone is sparse and limited
- Always expect something to knock you down an endless pit. Be prepared
- Do not transfer anything over from the other Ant Farms
- Do not place blocks in the space between the Sky Ant Farm and the wall (There is an invisible block layer to remind you)
- Do not break the nether brick fence on the top
- Do not use any cheats or hacks
That is all the info you need about the various versions of this map, now all you got to do is beat them!
How to install the Ant Farm Survival Map Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- That’s it for the map, now it is recommended that you also install the resource pack.
How to install the Ant Farm Survival Resource Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- Done! You should now be ready for the full Ant Farm Survival experience, have fun!
Here is a Let’s Play of the Sky Ant Farm Survival map, by AntVenom: