The Exodus Season 2 Map is the sequel to the popular adventure map Exodus Season 1. In the first, you play as a competitor in a TV show where you must survive and escape a zombie apocalypse, but this time around, you’re not competing. Having won the previous years season, you got rich, got a mansion, and became a producer for the second season.
This time around, the show will be set in space, and on a frozen alien planet, where the competitors (not you) will have to face off against the horrors and dangers of this place, and work together in order to survive. You’re just supposed to sit comfortably on the union spaceship and watch the show unfold.
Supposed to anyway, until an alien fleet decide to attack your ship. Suddenly, becoming a producer was not all it was cracked up to be, and you must fight for your survival and race forward in order to save you and your friends from the terrible Lord Ivaren.
The map features the following:
- An exciting and intense story where emotions runs high!
- Different outcomes depending on your actions and choices throughout the map!
- Fully-voice acted!
- Various dialogue trees!
- Cinematic cutscenes!
- Plenty of music, all free of royalties, so safe for YouTube and all!
- A custom resource pack (included in the download) to really help set the tone!
- 4 episodes spanning the season, each with it’s own special setting!
- A diverse and emotionally engaging cast of characters!
- New ingenious and intense boss-fights! Don’t just slap them until they drop, think!
- New deadly mobs, you will known them when you meet them!
- Low gravity puzzles and combat!
- A story with equal parts action and horror!
- A ending sequence that is out of this world (literally)!
- A guided redstone tour and after show!
- One of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make (not literally, but you know, hyperbole is nice)!
The map must be played in Minecraft 1.8 or later. It is recommended for 1-4 players, but more than one is recommended as it is challenging, although you will respawn with your gear should you die, so it is doable solo. Exodus Season 2 has a running time of about 2 hours, depending on your skill and how much you explore.
Supposedly, it is easier than Exodus Season 1, albeit in a different way than you might expect. You are not required to play Exodus Season 1 before this, but it definitively helps, and you might miss references if you don’t. Don’t fret though, in the beginning there is a book which outlines everything that happened in season 1.
How to install the Exodus Season 1 Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- Unzip the resource pack found in the unzipped map folder, and put it in the resource pack folder.
- All done! You are now ready to enter Season 2 of Exodus! Have fun, and take care!
Here is the official trailer for the map, check it out for a better look at Exodus Season 2: