The Smart Moving Mod is a mod that completely alters movement in Minecraft, in every form. Often you will come across some seemingly simple mods that you’d wish were just a part of the default game, and this is one of them.
It makes the game a lot more immersive and cool, while simultaneously enhancing mobility and features.
What it adds is as follows:
- New animations for every almost every kind of movement.
- Different speeds for moving, sprinting, climbing ladders and so on.
- Ability to climb up walls without ladders, with added animations for wallclimbing.
- Climbing via gabs in the walls.
- New alternate animations for flying, falling, and swimming.
- The ability to climb along ceilings and up vines.
- Jumping while climbing.
- Diving into water instead of just jumping into it.
- Side and back jumps.
- Charged jumps that allows you to jump higher.
- Wall jumps.
- Head jumps.
- The ability to crawl along the ground.
- Sliding while sprinting.
As you can see, a lot of new options are made available through this mod, all movement based. In that regard it is a very specialized mod, that works very well with the vanilla game, without breaking immersion or anything else.
Now for some more information about some of the various new forms of movement.
Free climbing allows you to climb everywhere you can find at least a block sized horizontal edge. To climb up, you have to move forwards towards the edge and click and hold the grab button (default “LCONTROL”). This will make your character start climbing.
To climb down, click and hold the grab button without moving forwards toward the edge.
You can also grab edges while falling down walls, to do so, rotate towards the edge and press the grab button. If you are falling slow enough, you should start free climbing. If you are falling too fast, you will take some damage.
Climbing along ceilings requires there to be steel fence or closed trap doors along the ceiling. To start climbing, hold the grab button while below these blocks, but not too far below them. To stop, release the grab button.
Climbing along vines requires you to hold the grab button in front of one, then hold the jump button to start climbing. To stop climbing up, release jump. To stop holding on to the vine, release the grab button.
Charged jumps requires you to press and hold the jump button while sneaking (without moving). Release the jump button to jump, when charged to the maximum it allows you to jump two blocks in height.
Wall jumping you most press jump while being airborne, release it, then pressing it again before hitting to block you want to wall jump from horizontally. When you hit the block, if you’re not falling too fast already, you will trigger a wall jump.
Side and back jumps simple requires you to double tap the movement keys in that direction. So side jump left by double clicking the left button, right by double clicking the right button, and back by double clicking the back button.
Sprinting faster requires you to move forward while holding the spring button (default “TAB”). You can spring while walking, swimming, diving, crawling, and climbing. Sprinting makes you exhausted, and will automatically end when the exhaustion threshold is met.
Sliding allows you to slide on the ground while sprinting. To do so, start sprinting normally, then press and hold the sneak button as well as the grab button. This will make you slide, and if you keep holding both buttons down, will turn your slide into a crawl. You can also slide while jumping or flying. This is done by pressing the sneak and grab button as you hit the ground.
Crawling allows you to slowly prowl along the ground. To do so, you have to click and hold the grab and sneak button simultaneously. Once you have initiated crawling, you no longer need to hold the grab button.
For more information about the new various forms of movement, as well as information about configurability, check out the official forum post.
How to install the Smart Moving Mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod.
- If you don’t have Forge, then download and install Minecraft Forge.
- If you don’t have Player API, then download and install the Player API Mod.
- Optional: Download and install Render Player API Mod.
- Open your Minecraft folder (in Windows: Start -> Run -> “%appdata%\.minecraft”).
- Copy the mod .jar, file(s) you downloaded to the “mods” folder found inside the .minecraft folder.
- That’s it, Smart Moving should now be installed and ready for you. Enjoy!
Here is a video demonstration the various forms of movement added by the mod, and how to use them, definitively worth a watch:
- Smart Moving Mod for Minecraft 1.8 [Forge] (Mirror 1)
- Smart Moving Mod for Minecraft 1.8 [Forge] (Mirror 2)
- Player Render API Mod For Minecraft 1.8 [Optional] (Mirror 1)
- Player Render API Mod For Minecraft 1.8 [Optional] (Mirror 2)
- Smart Moving Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 [Forge] (Mirror 1)
- Smart Moving Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 [Forge] (Mirror 2)