“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds ever be in your favor!”
If you know that phrase, you’re probably familiar with the Hunger Games series, and this map, The Survival Games, tries to recreate the premise of that.
In this map, which is based on the arena from the first movie, you are pitted against 23 other players, and the game is FFA PvP. There can be only one victor, but being victorious may require the help of allies, so chose who you trust with care.
Because of that, this map is mainly multiplayer, with little to no singleplayer content, although you can still explore the island, find hidden secrets and areas, fall prey to devious traps, and enjoy the recreation!
The Survival Games is meant to be played with two or more players, up to 24, and as 1 (or more) hosts.
Chests with items that will help you survive are scattered throughout the map, as are traps and puzzles, but you will find the best gear in the center. Before starting the games, every active participant must chose a tube around the center, then once everyone has found their place, the host must flip the switch in the host house. It is highly recommended that you turn off mobs while playing the games, although you can spawn some additional for added difficulty.
The rules of The Survival Games are as follows:
- There can be only one victor of The Survival Games.
- Players are not allowed to break any blocks, expect for leaves and mushrooms.
- The only blocks you are allowed to place are the blocks you find in chests.
- All players must have en empty inventory before starting the game.
- No active participant is allowed to enter the host house.
- Players are not allowed to break or otherwise ruin the fire in the middle.
The rules for the host of The Survival Games are as follows:
- The host must light the netherrack the first night of the games.
- The host is allowed to add any weapons or food they may want in the center chests, after the second day has passed.
- The host is allowed to spawn zombies, creepers or skeletons after the second day has passed.
- Should a player for some reason get stuck in a hole or something similar, the host is allowed to teleport the player out.
How to install The Survival Games Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- All set! The map is now installed and ready to play, so happy Survival Games!
Here is a trailer for The Survival Games, check it out: