Cry With Joy – The Adventure of Heady is an adventure-themed parkour-ish map that takes you on a fun and exciting journey through a wacky and weird world where things are upside down (sometimes literally!). You play as whose head is missing (yep) and you find yourself waking up as a ghost, who can still see despite the missing head. How this all works is up to you to find out in a very complicated and at times insane story.
The map features many references to pop-culture (mainly The Matrix and Inception) and incorporates the use of memes, sometimes to a very annoying degree (cringy even). The humor varies a lot, however too often it feels pre-teen, which isn’t an issue if you’re a pre-teen, but it becomes annoying quite fast. The map itself is great though, and fun to explore! You can also easily ignore the signs, as they are often just as intent on killing you as they are at helping you.
Don’t ever trust a sign in this map, it might lead to your doom, so think twice before jumping down into that pool of lava just because the sign told you to. The annoying signs are intentional though, so don’t take it personal, they are meant to “troll” you at times.
The rules of the map are as follows:
- Do not break any blocks, unless specifically told to do so. This is one time you can trust the signs.
- Do not cheat by using mods, admin commands, or creative mode, please. It is way less fun that way. The path should be easy to follow, and checkpoints are placed along the way.
- Use the resource pack! It is pretty important as it makes some areas look pretty awesome, also helpful for navigation.
- Don’t be upset at getting tricked, or trolled, by the signs. It’s part of the maps charm, and nothing personal, but they will probably lead to your death at least once.
- Enjoy the map!
Additionally, there are some prerequisites for making sure the map runs right, and is the most enjoyable:
- If playing on a server, make sure command blocks are enabled.
- Playing with brightness set to “Bright” is recommended.
- Again, use the resource pack!
- Warning: some areas of the map features bright and rapidly flashing lights, so if you are sensitive to that take note! Warnings are placed before the area in the map.
Finally, the map features a scoring system (like many other similar maps), it is as follows:
- Gold Nuggets are worth 1 point – they are common and often not hidden well.
- Diamonds are worth 3 points – they are somewhat common, but harder to find.
- Ghast Tears are worth 10 points – they are rare, and hard to find.
- Emeralds are worth 50 points – they are extremely rare (very few in the map) and are almost impossible to be found!
Each of these point types are hidden in secret areas and chests throughout the map, try to find as many as you can and beat your friends!
Cry With Joy – The Adventure of Heady is a fun-filled and exciting parkour adventure that takes you on a fantastical journey through a very weird land! Bring a few friends if you like, and have fun!
How to install the Cry With Joy Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Download the resource pack.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- Open the “resourcepacks” folder.
- Put the downloaded resource pack into the resourcepack folder.
- Alternatively, if that doesn’t work, unzip the resource pack and put the unzipped folder into the resourcepacks folder.
- Fin! Cry With Joy – The Adventures of Heady should now be installed correctly
Here is a Let’s Play of the map, courtesy of PrestonPlayz, check it out for a better look at the map: