“T’was the night before Christmas!”
Are you ready for a very Seussian Christmas adventure? Then be sure to check out this Grinchmas Map for Minecraf!
This map is very story driven, featuring a linear progression where you have the opportunity to explore and discover various secrets along the way, as well as collecting coins that determine your final score.
Every step of the map is narrated using strategically placed signs, and the story is told in rhyme, most of the time. It’s quite the Christmas story, featuring characters and locations from the popular stories of Dr. Seuss, such as the Grinch and Whoville.
You start the map off as a lowly factory worker, who doesn’t find much joy in life, and who misses his mother dearly. However one night, near Christmas, you have an accident at the factory, an accident that will be the final straw for you, and take you on a grand adventure through the mountains and beyond. You’ve had enough of the director, and of working in his factory making gifts for the inhabitants of Whoville, so you’re on your way to him to give him a piece of your mind!
I won’t spoil the rest of the story, but rest assured that it captures the true Seuss and Christmas spirit!
The map has some rules to ensure a smooth playthrough, and to make you stay on path:
- Play the map on Peaceful. This is not a monster slaying map, so having them around will mess things up.
- Do not place any blocks unless you’re otherwise instructed to do so.
- Do not break, burn, or blow anything up, unless you’re otherwise told to do so.
- Only craft items or blocks when instructed to do so.
- Do not venture beyond the maps borders, it will only make you lost and mess up the story.
- Your score is determined by how many Rueville coins you have, find them as you progress through the map, often hidden around!
The Grinchmas Map comes with a special resource pack that you definitively should use! Otherwise, the map won’t look as intended, and you might not be able to find your way around.
There’s also a skin included in the download, using that definitively increases immersion, but it is not really needed.
How to install the Grinchmas Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- That’s it! May you have a very special and happy Grinchmas!
Here’s a trailer for the map, giving you a better look at it in motion, check it out: