Pixelmon is the most comprehensive and feature full Pokémon mod out there, and it adds a slew of whole new content to the game.
Where other mods may adds a few Pokémon monsters and beasts that roam the world, but are otherwise not able to be interacted with, Pixelmon completely changes the way you play.
It lets you capture and keep over 340 various Pokémon, and it has a large and varied attack system, featuring over 500 attacks, attacks which include status effects and stats modifiers.
Pixelmon also adds a overlay to your game, showing your current Pokémon, and their current status. There’s also a fully functional Pokédex, allowing you to keep track of all the different monsters!
Many other features from the games are also included, such as evolution stones that lets you evolve certain Pokémon, 3D Pokéballs and accompanying capture animations to help immerse you in the world, as well as trainers you can battle, befriend, or make your new nemesis.
Here is a list of some of the features included in the Pixelmon Mod:
- 340 Pokémon
- Functioning Pokédex
- Evolution Stones
- Pokémon Overlay
- Comprehensive attack system featuring over 500 attacks, including status effects and stat modifiers
- Multiplayer support
- Full PC Storage System, allowing you to store your captured Pokémon
- 3D Pokéballs and capture animations
- All Pokémon models are to scale, as specified by Bulbapedia
- Trainers you can battle
- Friendship system allowing you to make friends
- Aggression system allowing you to make enemies
- Hammer and anvil system that allows you to craft your own Pokéballs
- More and varied Pokéballs, including: Heavy Ball, Level Ball, Love Ball, Moon Ball, Friend Ball and more
- Trading, allowing you to trade Pokémon with your friends, and to evolve certain Pokémon
- Apricorn trees
- Fossil Machine that allows you to revive fossils found around the world
- And more!
All in all, it is a pretty great mod, although it might act a bit wonky at times. Those issues are easily offset by the sheer awesomeness of the mod though.
The mod also has its own resource pack, but it doesn’t seem to change much, so it is optional at best.
How to install the Pixelmon Mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod.
- (Important) Download and install Minecraft Forge (version 10.13.2.1230).
- Open your Minecraft folder (in Windows: Start -> Run -> “%appdata%\.minecraft”).
- Copy the mod .jar, file(s) you downloaded to the “mods” folder found inside the .minecraft folder.
- There you go, Pixelmon should now be installed and ready to be played, enjoy, and have fun becoming the best there ever was!
Here’s a showcase of the map made by Lachlan, check it out: