The Waka Islands Map! These floating islands are mysterious, magnificent, and dangerous!
In this map, you wake up on one of the floating Waka Islands, with no idea of who you are, or why you are there. In order to find the answer to these questions, you must explore the islands, find their secrets, and overcome their dangers.
It may not sound like a daunting task, but don’t be fooled, it is.
The main goal of this map is to create a beacon and fight the Wither, which may be simple, but that doesn’t mean it is gonna be easy.
As the Waka Islands aren’t connected, you will have to make those connections yourself, and you’d better hope you don’t fall, as all you will find below is a fiery death.
The islands themselves are littered with secrets, so don’t be afraid to search every nook and cranny for hidden chests or other stuff.
The map will be in peaceful mode until you find a weapon, so be warned that when you can defend yourself, the monsters will start to come out. Also, do not change difficulty before peaceful mode ends! If you do, it will break and you will be swarmed with mobs.
Now there are some rules for this map, and they are as follows:
- Do not break any Command Blocks.
- Do not make your own nether portal (there is one hidden somewhere).
- Do not use “Open to LAN” to cheat.
- Do not jump off the island to replenish your health or hunger (you will lose items when you die).
- Do not use any third party mods to cheat.
- Do not play on peaceful difficulty, you weakling.
For multiplayer servers, make sure Command Blocks are enabled.
Waka Islands is a interesting survival map with a simple goal, that is harder to accomplish than you would think. There are also optional parts on this map, such as fighting the Ender Dragon, not to mention the plethora of secrets that are to be found around the map.
If you like this map and want more, you’ll be happy to know that a sequel is already in the works, expected to be out in late 2014/early 2015.
How to install the Waka Islands Map for Minecraft:
- Download the map.
- Go to your %appdata%/.minecraft folder.
- Open the “saves” folder.
- Unzip the map you downloaded, and put the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
- All set, you are now ready to explore these mysterious islands, have fun!
Here is a Lets Play of this map by Silent Hero, check it out: